MeTycoon is an educational game which was developed to help young people start to think about their future career and job prospects.
The game is a roleplay game which enables users to simulate their career progression – this includes making decisions around training options, job roles etc. in order to enjoy a successful career.
The game has been designed to: Enable students to learn about the implications of various life choices on their future careers and discover a wide variety of job options that they may not have previously considered
- Provide an exciting online experience for players to practice and understand the importance of developing transferable personal, technical and people skills in order to pursue their career goals
- Allow students to discover the changing nature of the job market and potential areas of future growth
- Help students to imagine their future and understand that careers today do not always have a linear progression
- Encourage users to seek new opportunities for learning, developing skills and gaining experience
- Make users aware that their choice of employment will have a direct impact on their lifestyle, personal happiness and satisfaction
The original MeTycoon game was made available via iCould.com and was heralded as a best practice in the field in several academic papers. However, as of 2018, the game is no longer assessable to play (although a demonstration video and lesson plans remain available).